Welcome to Debajo Un Botón... I'm Ana and I love to make things. All sorts of things. Here you will find
lots of knitting and crochet patterns
and tutorials, since those are my two favorite crafts and the ones that I might actually be good at. But I also love sewing, and I'm constantly working on the home I share with my husband and two beasts little boys, so I may be able to inspire you to do things like create a reading corner for your kids or bead a lamp cord. And there are all those random crafts, too!
I am a Spaniard but I live in the US since 2002 (fell in love with a handsome gringo, what can you do), so I write in both English and Spanish. Some of my earlier posts were written in only one language, but from 2014 on all posts are bilingual (and so are many before that date).
Debajo un botón... is the title of a favorite children's song that I often sing to my kids. It involves a little mouse (kids in my family were always referred to as mice, don't know why), a button (crafty object, you know) and a gentleman called Martín (like the handsome gringo). So it seemed like plenty of reason to name my blog after it, don't you think?
A FEW RANDOM FACTS
- I am a preschool teacher
- My husband is twelve years older than me
- I am extremely organized and a total mess at the same time. Proof here.
- I am the ultimate couch potato (goes well with knitting, that's why)
- When I was little a snail "ran away from me". That's how slow I am. Of course it's still a running joke in my family (no pun intended).
- I write another blog for my school.
- My mom taught me to knit and crochet. She doesn't really like either.
- Both my grandmothers were amazing craftswomen.
- I have alopecia areata.
- I love 19th Century literature (and it's almost all I read these days).